Tuesday 10 February 2009

Customer Service???

Been a while but thought I'd let rip a little about a prime example of awful customer service. The doorbell went this evening around 8.20 and I was greeted by a young man holding out a scruffy ID paper (no picture on it). He started a well-worn schpiel about raising money for homeless people and just carried on regardless, oblivious to my polite requests to keep the level down as our daughter was asleep.

Every time I interjected he just ignored me, so I got a tad annoyed. Eventually I heard the littl'un coughing a bit over the intercom and said so to him, at which point he let forth a barrage of abuse, cussing me up and down as if I'd spat in his face.

"You're not going to sell many dusters with that attitude," I told him as I shut the door on another torrent of swearing.

Git!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the same guy must have come to our house. same night i think. but at 9.30PM. i call that toooo late to ring a persons door bell. we were luckier about getting rid of him. apologised to him saying it was too late and we didn't need anything. then just closed the door before he can say anything. he looked cross, but not as cross as we felt for having the door bell ring so late.

Plummy Mummy said...

I would be livid. You did well to not slam the door in his face.

When our tot goes off to sleep around 7.30,our house becomes a morgue. The phone is set to a lower tone and the tv turned down. We walk around silently or speak in whispers (except when watching something funny when we have lots of guffawing).

Keep a copy of the Big Issue by the door and next time he comes back, sell him a copy saying you are raising money for homeless bods too.

AJWInBlack said...

I'll remember that next time!