Friday 11 January 2008

Worklife

I'm lucky enough to work from home most of the time. Means I can keep my own hours and be flexible. I miss the regular wage packet and banter of office life, though. I don't miss interminable meetings and impossible demands, on the other hand. As a partner in a small multimedia company we meet a broad cross-section of people from local authorities, charities, businesses, schools and government departments to name a few. The majority of the time we have a great relationship and will produce work that exceeds the expectations of our clients. Every now and again we get a bit narked when the lines of communication are confused - my biggest bugbear is the "hurry up and wait" scenario where we work bloody hard to finish a project to the client's deadline and then they sit on it for days, weeks, even months before signing off.

No comments: